View Single Post
Old 28 May 2015, 18:24 (Ref:3542166)   #13
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Local information update for anyone heading to Donington in the near future.

The Maharajah Indian restaurant (Formerly the Turk's Head pub) in the centre of the village seems to have re-opened.

There are rumours that the 4th curry house - The Rose of Bengal - looks like it too is about to re-open but it's not clear whether it will available this weekend.

The Castle Inn gets a recommendation from me now that I have been there. Excellent pizzas and things generally Italian in nature. Very busy on a Wednesday evening so presumably it's the same at weekends. Booking probably advisable, perhaps even necessary.
Maharajah's appears to have reopened as a bar and grill. No idea what it's like but can't be worse than it was as a so called "curry house". I'd probably still be reluctant to try it!

Rose of Bengal is due to re open today, I think, but not completely sure, having been completely refurbished. It used to be a decent curry house and I will try it soon.

The Nags Head at the top of the village, near the circuit, is no longer a "biker friendly rock pub" (short lived!) and is now returned to being a bar and bistro.