View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3543738)   #19
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Very true.

I was watching from the DPRAC compound at Hollywood from where you can see a lot of the circuit.

The way Benn made up ground around Redgate, Old Hairpin and, somehow, in the section between Schwantz and Coppice lap after lap was just great to watch.

I assume the same was true around Coppice and at the esses as well. Fabulous.

I liked the look of your new March Rudolf. Be sure to mount the transponder at the very front of the nose. Remember that .002 of a second can be the difference between one place and the next!

Thinking of which ... how many years would one have to go back to find such a result declared to be a deadheat?
that a common misconception, a racers myth that does not die
it makes absolutely no difference where the transponder is mounted in the car, as long as its in there and working, the actual timing is triggered by the cars nose through a light beam, the transponder signal just serves to tell the computer which car exactly has just triggered the beam

BTW: this is how the timekeepers know what times the cars do, that dont have a working transponder fitted, they just match it to light beam trigger events that are not matched up with a transponder signal

R.E.