Thread: How to start
View Single Post
Old 11 May 2005, 03:19 (Ref:1297995)   #33
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Boro. The shop closest to my house (3km) is the only Rotax shop within 800km. They carry Tony Kart, Birel, CRG, Track Magic and had PTK but they told me the PTK's are no more and that Tony is going to be building the new Paul Tracy signature line so PTK parts may be hard to come by soon as they don't think CRG intends to give full them continued support. Seems the Tony Kart should be a good choice with quite a few outlets all over when we start to travel. It's been suggested that due to my son's size we also consider a Birel AR28 but in talking with the few guys that have them around here they have told me they are having a tough time dialing in the handeling as they seem to have a severe inbred push. Those that have the Tonys seem to love them so....

Speedy King, you drive a Trulli and seem to like it, Tony builds that too, yes?

One other question. I hear that Rotax is seriously considering requiring front brakes for the 2006 RotaxMax rules. If so it may make sense to buy a kart with front brakes and remove them for this season as it is way less expensive than retrofitting next year. What do you guys know or hear about this?