Thread: Nissan Leaf
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3752204)   #69
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
You should swap your Fiesta. There were, a few days ago, 199 used Teslas offered on the Tesla web site. Must be one there that could stack up on the number front.
I wish! I'm not sure it'll last long enough for me to swap it :P My next car will probably be VW diesel (told you I'm not a green warrior!) until I can be in a position for a second hand Model 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
One things that puzzles me about Teslas is that when I have seen any on the motorway they are never travelling at speed. Usually if cruising they are sitting in the middle lane nose to tail with everyone else.

Maybe I only see cars being delivered or moved around for service or demos?

Or is it that, being tracked as they are, any rapid progress will be recorded and might be used in evidence against the driver?

Or perhaps it's a range thing?
I guess it's just that it gives you better milage, and they'll probably be sitting on Autopilot. I don't know the answer, but despite being a huge petrol head I have no desire to speed on public roads. I'd have a Tesla Model S (and park it beside my Bentley) and whilst I'm sure I'll have fun with the acceleration, a top speed test isn't really my thing. So you'd find me in my Tesla in the same lane I imagine.