Old 18 Jul 2017, 08:15 (Ref:3752336)   #74
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
boggissimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
All cars have a speed where they are fuel efficient, and to go any faster reduces that efficiency. I would think that EV drivers are more conscious of this than most diesel or petrol car drivers.
Only if they are short of range, which Teslas generally aren't! Tesla also has the 'supercharger' network around the major road network which has plenty of very fast charging points that Tesla drivers can generally use for free, so 'range anxiety' is not much of a factor. The only thing that makes an EV driver worry about efficiency is knowing how far they need to get on the battery range they have left. So if I'm going 20 miles and have 80 miles of range left, I'll go as fast as I like – just like you would in any other car with enough fuel left.

It is true that there is some satisfaction to be gained from being very efficient, but just as with 'hyper-milers', you can take it so far as to have very dull journeys!