Old 14 Mar 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3040803)   #1686
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm not being funny and I know it's not my place to delve into your financial situation which is private and personal, but can you not afford £30 a month? I know I have all sorts of things having to leave my account I don't enjoy which add up to far more (council tax, etc) and I wonder whether you'd notice the £30 as much as you suggest. As I say, I didn't like the enforced move to paying for F1, but I've cast aside principles for personal practicality; I'd rather see it properly than not see it.
I'm with Henners and Knowlesy on this, I cannot justify the cost and I'm in work in a reasonable job. Money is tighter than I've known in a long time, everything is going up and I've seen our disposable income go down by a further £100 a month since Christmas. Things are still going up every month, I've just lost the £45 child tax credits we were getting, I'm still on a 10% pay cut (since 2008), I haven't had any kind of pay increase since 2009 and every month something keeps breaking in the house. To afford it I'd need to forego being able to do things with my wife and daughter or dip into savings. Not very sensible really. That's the reality in the real world I'm afraid.