View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2018, 17:03 (Ref:3795284)   #28
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think its odd how F1 has the appeal it does. In the US, Nascar is much more popular overall than Indycar. It always struck me how there isn't the same fan appeal over our own European stock car (well saloon car) series. For example the World Touring Car series. Surely you have a series there which is tailor made for manufacturers to get behind and promote? Good racing, absolutely relate-able cars... but no. That series has effectively just folded, I don't get it.
Perhaps it is something to do with the fact that the UK is the nucleus of the F1 industry, with most of the teams and ancillary suppliers being based there.

Plus of course fan influence from the historical success of British drivers in World Championship terms, in both total years and individual winners.... winning 17 years with 10 drivers, 11 of those years being British drivers in British cars. (The next best being Germany with 12 titles and 3 drivers.)