Old 13 Feb 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3801087)   #142
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'll be the last to argue we must be faster every year, I personally like the direction Indy is going with MUCH less wing and grip on ovals, it will test the driver but I've always viewed Indy and even Champcar with less team and tech and more driver. F1 to me has always been that technical achievement series, often with the designers and engineers as well known as the drivers. But I fear that time has come and gone, and F1 must adapt. Or start over with a clean sheet and reset everything by stripping bits off the car sacrificing lap time for an exercise in redesigning a faster mousetrap within heavy restricted rules. The areas and allowances not the specs, ie no wings, flaps, etc outside of X by Y, Z distance from the centerline. I'll bow out beyond that for technical definitions of where bits should be allowed.
I agree with you 100% about the direction Indy Car is heading. I read an interview with JP Montoya who was one of the drivers who helped develop the 2018 IndyCar and he said it is a pure drivers car that promotes passing. IndyCar is all about racing and putting a show on for the fans. F1 is more to do with engineering. I watched the Nascar clash race from Daytona on Sunday evening and once again it's looks like the new 2018 Nascar is all about super close racing. It's race series like this prove how non exciting the the race side of F1 actually is.