View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2011, 20:33 (Ref:3002415)   #2419
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
It's this situation I think is most likely, hence needing to gain experience running the car outside Le Mans.

It's been seen in the recent past in GT1 with Porsche AG and Zakspeed, AMG Mercedes and Pearson, while teams ran R8's under the banners Audi UK, NA, Japan and France.

The big factor this time around is hybrid technology, these factory cars are super reliable, but it would take a brave man to go into this race without the back-up of a couple of conventional cars.
We have often seen factory cars break, even conventional ones.

If Audi chooses 2 R18H and 2 R18's (which I'm a bit skeptical about), they would want the two R18's to be just as fast as the Peugeots and Toyotas. If Toyota and Peugeot chooses same strategy (running both hybrids and conventional), they will too want the conventional to be as fast as possible.
Pushing these cars to the extreme will result in more failures, so i'm expecting a Le Mans which could go any way. (much like Le Mans 2010)