View Single Post
Old 21 May 2006, 17:41 (Ref:1615702)   #24
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
Some rather dirty things went on in NZ when concerning Youlden.

He is a pretty decent steerer and as you said pete, he should be amongst the top runners, especially since you would expect him to be over a second a lap quicker than Grant - and he finished on the podium.
As I said before Luke is a talented driver no question or doubt about that, but for you to infer that he didn't have a 'fair suck of the sav' in New Zealand is just not correct.... Sure the overly zealouse officials got it wrong on the only circuit that Luke was competitive on. but no more so than happened to other leading competitors like John McIntyre at the opening round, Kayne Scott being biffed off at Taupo, Manfeild, Invercargill, and turned round at Pukekohe etc.
Lukes problem over here was that he lacked the ability to lead the engineering on his car, I have no doubt that if he was driving John McIntyre's or Angus Foggs car that Luke would have won a lot of races...And I guess thats my point, " you are only as good as the car you have got"...If Grant is that much slower than Luke, in the exact same car, its not Luke thats a super star, its merely the other driver lacks experience in one of these cars, or just plain lacks ability.