View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3151005)   #32
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only concern i would have is that national series might suffer for a season or two until prices of second hand "new" GT cars come down because im sure the current generation of cars will not be able to compete outright despite the promise of equalisation with the new machinery. I mean can you see them allowing an old spec GTE/GT3 being able to beat a new spec car, will never be allowed to happen with the manufactures wanting to sell brand new spec cars.

Still the move to 1 set of regulations will be a huge benefit for every championship regardless of how well they are doing now, id imagine we will even see some of the big championships having to turn away entrants. Good move by the ACO/FIA to bring this along.

If you think about it this is a logical step to take because GTE has been ebbing away recently outside of the ALMS and GT3 has grown to be an excellent class, the performance levels are similar and the technology levels in GT3 are getting up to GTE levels now. I like it alot. Still wont beat AMR v Corvette from 05-08 though.......

EDIT: When i think some more about this, the market will become saturated with old spec GT3 & GTE cars that will be available cheaply for the championships like Britcar, GT Cup etc. Im getting too excited about this, someone hold me down quick!!!!!!

How long do you think they will allow the current generation of GT cars to compete for? 1-2 seasons or until the next regulation change?

Last edited by tux; 13 Oct 2012 at 17:51.