Old 13 Oct 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3151023)   #34
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Well, sorry of your ideas, but i don't see Mercedes ,Nissan ,Audi ,Ferrari ,Porsche ,AM ,Jag, LAmborghini, Mclaren (Bentley,Ford,Chevrolet)... all together (1 car x team x brand?) in Le Mans or worst in the expensiver WEC, some changes need to be done there, so start to think for a Better formula if you want everything in the ACO/FIA Style, or leaving brands behind like allways (Worst for some of us!!)... surrealist.
Why should it be a bad thing, if manufacturers start entering the GT classes in the WEC and LeMans? They could surely need a good number of entrants. It would also be cheaper for manufacturers, who don't want to enter LMP racing, but still want to present their marque in a World Championship.

@Speed-King: Back in the day, you only had LMS and FIA GT in Europe. The national championships in Europe also weren't as strong as they are today. But now you have WEC, a possible ELMS for 2013 and strong national series. I honestly can't see where Blancpain would fit between all these series. Especially since all these series run on a single set of regulations. I only see a SLIGHT chance for Blancpain as a championship for truly private teams, in case the GT class in WEC becomes a manufacturer battlefield. But even then, you'd still have ELMS as an alternative for manufacturers.