View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3151030)   #37
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Why should it be a bad thing, if manufacturers start entering the GT classes in the WEC and LeMans? They could surely need a good number of entrants. It would also be cheaper for manufacturers, who don't want to enter LMP racing, but still want to present their marque in a World Championship.
By now The FIA/ACO has more interest in LMP Racing than GT's 22/56 against 33/56, whe fact which would not be divided among the 20 Brands GT3 (Or the ones i said in my last post) has, so there would be less variety.

Personally I don't like the moving chicane concept that Le Mans represent, even the fact i like the LMP concept more suitable for I+D more usefull for the society than GT's.

So the issue would be hard to implement nowadays GT3 variety, we will se brands not competing there, unless there was Factory support (Sure Ford,Camaro) and lots of others with lesser possibilities of factory support (Every brand not included in actual GTE).