View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2006, 04:34 (Ref:1671745)   #11
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I've often wished that they would organise the season according to rainy seasons. This would be particularly good in years with a tyre monopoly.

I remember Ferrari testing one day when a little bit of snow fell. Also, there was some promotional thing back in the day when Mika took Erja out for a spin somewhere in Finland in full blown snow conditions. Didn't it snow at the Swedish GP in '78? Obviously, the snow thing is not viable, but is cool, . The rain one, though, to my mind, is perfectly viable. Regarding the aerodynamics/downforce thing...I really don't understand why the FIA can't just force something through under "safety".

Anyway, I guess getting back on topic wouldn't hurt!

The problem is that the one system that can aid ovetaking in terms of tracks design (tight hairpin to straight to tight hairpin) is also jsut about the most tedious. It is a bit of a double edged sword.

In general I would much rather watch a race with no overtaking but a wonderful track than a pretty dull track with a lot of overtaking. Perhaps the best solution is a meld of two? Have it so each track has one specifically designed tight hairpin-straight-hairpin style section included, but the rest of the track being solely dedicated to being fantastic irrespective of its overtaking potential.

Last edited by Dutton; 3 Aug 2006 at 04:42.