View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2002, 10:34 (Ref:371091)   #52
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
I was recently coerced into flagging at a meeting at Anglesey. At lunch time the flaggie on the previous post commented that he was having difficulty seeing my yellows because of the state of the flag, faded & grubby. As he was using his own flags, he suggested that I use the spare yellow flag from his post. On my way back on post after lunch, I picked up the spare flag, but when I compared it to the one I'd been using it was even worse, so I carried on using the flag I'd used in the morning.

A week later I saw the aforementioned flaggie, who commented that my yellows were much easier to see after I'd changed flags......

A new young doctor at (name of circuit omitted to spare Andy's embarrassment!) went to a fallen rider. Going through the usual routine questions, he was getting no reponse from the rider, who was obviously conscious, so he radioed in that he had a problem as the rider didn't understand English. Help arrived, the rider's helmet & earplugs were removed & somebody, speaking slowly, asked him if he understood English; back came the reply 'of course I do - I was just winded!'

Last edited by Dave Brand; 2 Sep 2002 at 10:36.