View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3724329)   #21
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Yes, I'm aware of what the rule book states. Does that make it right though? Is a Porsche Supercup drivers health/life not matter as much as an F1 driver?
That's not the point.

The point is that the F1 powers-that-be appear to be super sensitive to any perceived fault in the event of a serious incident (as they should be) and cannot be seen to be breaking their own rules because they'll potentially be taken to the cleaners if they do.

Perhaps the Supercup clerk of the course was happy with the situation for his/her drivers, where the F1 clerk was not? The decision rests with the clerk and/or race director, and they've stated their reasoning already.

Please understand: I'm not arguing with you, nor am I stating whether I think something is right or wrong. I'm trying to lay out, dispassionately, the reasons why Charlie & co most likely decided not to run today's sessions. The other series have their own decision making processes and their own rules.