View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2005, 03:17 (Ref:1369796)   #17
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
The Brits aren't anymore confident in Jense than the Aussies are in Mark.
Its just the media. The whole of Britain are behind Button and by looking how many motorsport mags, sport shows there are it makes sense to see him everywhere. Britain get hold of a big thing and sap every piece of information out of them.

Same with Australia, but to a lower level. Would we really bag our own countrymen in the press?? Especially since Webber is the only Aussie in F1. And i must admit the press is highly bias towards him, take this for example "Montoya ran into Webber going down into turn 1, ending his race hopes" And that was after Europe. I mean Webber admitted the mistake, we all know it was Webbers fault. Yet the press still talk bias.

Every driver will be overhyped, the press have to do it to stimulate interest. Look at Narian in India, Tiago in Portugal. New found starts despite not being that impressive on a whole.

And once there out of F1 the press will leave them until they shine somewhere again. In Australia we dont hear much about Ryan Briscoe, and im sure Malaysia wont hear much about Alex Yoong. Not that im comparing the two. And Also in Australia when was the last time you heard the name James Courtney??

But this is about Button as the title suggests. There is a keen interest in Button in his homeland and they are going to use every measure to get the whole country behind him ,to get the support.

Is he overhyped in driver abilities?? Well i would put him in the bracket below MS, Kimi, FA. So he is one of the best 5 drivers in Formula One. Which aint too bad if you ask me. He is improving, and having a team-mate like Sato doesn't help that much to bench a performance rating on him. Wait till he partners Webber (if he does) then we will see.