View Single Post
Old 5 May 2015, 09:40 (Ref:3534265)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
It depends on Alonso's hunger and his drive to win. Prost won his fourth championship 37 year old. Alonso, being 33 right now, should still have plenty of physical strength in him to continue fighting. It all depends on the motivation. However, I would hate to see Alonso become someone like a Damon Hill, Villeneuve, or Alesi in the later years of their careers.. all of those guys kept racing in F1 in an utterly uncompetitive cars as long as possible. So if McLaren-Honda remains an utterly noncompetitive car even in 2016 season and there is no obvious opportunity to move up, then I hope Alonso will move on to something else.
I really wouldn't worry about a driver like Alonso's motivation. It's actually that aspect that might have harmed him a little if anything - over eager and ruffles feathers!

He will continue to be a top driver capable of delivering performance until he stops driving.