View Single Post
Old 5 May 2016, 06:33 (Ref:3638683)   #10384
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
I'm not so sure they are playing them nicely. After being very competitive in early 2015, they haven't had the chance to win a race since sunset at Le Mans. It was pretty hopeless in the next races. Yes, there were other issues, like getting the aero package wrong a few times, but sorting that out didn't fix it for them. Just look to what extremes they have gone in aero design to try and be competitive this year, and I'm still not seeing how they will deal with the 919s (even though it's been one race, and Silverstone at that). I think the regulations clearly benefit a certain concept that has been pretty successful.
Also, since EoT is basically BoP the way I remember it, not being competitive would make the ACO readjust the regs so that you get a slightly higher allowance. And as you say, Audi is alone in the diesel class, so all that reflects and affects them. So I don't think they are playing the rules. They just have not been winning.
I think, that In couple of hours all Audi fans will be thrilled to see their advantage, of course it will be because they are far superior team, defying the laws of physics

Hope I'm wrong and we will see some tight racing, but I'm afraid it will not be the case.