Thread: LM24 Prototypes at Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1245823)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Is there really a future for P1 (or even P2)? Manufacturers seem to prefer GTS and Porsche appear to want to go P2. So what is going to happen in 2007. Does LM need p1? does it need prototypes at all?

discuss...
As a well informed member of the motoring press with connections I believe to no less a weekly publication than Motoring News, I find your suggestion that the prototype era at Le Mans will be all but dead within the next couple of years quite astounding. MN (and just about every other motorsport publication with an interest in sportscar racing) seem to be publishing scoop articles regarding manufacturers future Le Mans plans in the prototype classes with almost indecent regularity at the moment. And there are a number of other whispers which, if they have reached me, should have reached you, which have yet to break cover.

How on earth have you reached this conclusion