View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3006061)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe the MSA should take a lead here and ban these requirements to belong to clubs or register for championships after all according to their rules you only have to belong to one MSA registered club so just maybe the rule is already in place and the clubs are breaking the rules by this insistance they must join other clubs. When I ran the Racing Saloon Car Club I charged a nominal £25 a year which covered costs for newsletters etc (nothing fancy just a black and white copy) and postage and a few club trophies and I still had funds left over at the end of the year in fact I bought an expensive EaziUp marquee one year but that was not really required. I recon today with the internet and email I could do it for a score a year max. All the other club activities like end of year bash should be self financing or dropped. And do we really need things like fancy T-shirts etc, if I want a t-shirt I will by one or print one, and also a well run club should be selling their own and making a bit of extra money as I have offered to set up many times and supply and ensure there is something left in it for the club but it doesnt happen as its easier to just stick the fees up again. Also take the BARC colour mag, does anyone actually read the thing, I don't. I dread to think what the annual costs of that are at least CTCRC had the sense to drop theirs.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 1 Jan 2012 at 11:40.