View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2017, 10:47 (Ref:3738984)   #10
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Nobody said you couldn't watch BTCC online, just that BTCC makes very very good use of traditional TV and it shouldn't drop that. BTCC needs TV and high viewing figures to work because of sponsorship, which ELMS, Creventic etc don't as the business model uses drivers as customers, rather than fans.

You've continually fought against me and even said "I have no idea what your point is!". Well you clearly aren't actually reading what I'm saying, or what I was replying to. S griffin made the excellent point that BTCC is still on free to air TV and doesn't require a ridiculous TV subscription. But he also assumed that only BTCC and F1 are the ones he can watch FTA. All I did was post a bunch of series that he can watch completely for free online, and various ways to access that through a TV (since sitting at a desk or with a laptop isn't to everyones taste). You're the one who keeps coming back for an argument that doesn't exist, asking what my point is, and telling me how poor ELMS viewing figures are. I never said everyone should be using internet right now and that BTCC should drop TV. I was simply posting other series someone could watch as he clearly didn't know he could, and pointing out the obvious - that online viewing is growing exponentially due to younger generations and we should get used to it.

BTCC doesn't really embrace online viewing right now, but it doesn't need to because the channel does it for them right now and it's doing just fine on TV. But you can tell from the TV broadcasts that BTCC is far more in touch with fans that say, F1, or IndyCar, or even NASCAR, and will have no problem switching broadcasting models to streaming and internet based when the time is right. BTCC is probably one of the most adaptable series in the world with how quick it is to get things done and I've no doubt that when the internet becomes the better way to do things for larger shows and sports, BTCC will be the first to make the switch. It's the older generation of fans that need to be on the ball and not ignore online streaming (which a LOT of people on this forum, not necessarily in this thread however, do.)

In summary: BTCC is doing just fine on TV, and ITV lets you watch it online too. There are lots of other series you can watch completely for free too, which is awesome for all motorosport fans. Online viewing will become the norm in our lifetimes, and BTCC will probably be one of the first to adapt because it's shown flexibility in the past.
Sigh.