View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2001, 23:24 (Ref:80943)   #12
Quino
Racer

Quino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you impying that Damon got the Jordan victory at Spa in 1998 on driver merit?

And we will never know what actually happened at the Hungaroring in 1997. We only know that Arrows failed to deliver any performance similar to that one throughout that year. I also remember Damon almost missing out on making it to the grid that season in Melbourne.

I do remember Damon almost losing out on the title in 1996 to a rookie (Villeneuve). And Villeneuve not being a brilliant driver himself, barely coping with Olivier Panis (ok, granted, I rate Panis very high).
Judging by your chosen nickname you will not agree with mee. And thats ok, I don't want to put down your idols. It's just that I've never seen anything good coming from Damon Hill (only Suzuka 1994 and Imola 1996 were truly outstanding) apart from a handful reasonable races.

Jay> Montoya was in the leas 2 weeks earlier. Just as Ralf did this race he firmly held on to the lead noting fastest lap after fastest lap. If the circumstances had been the same as they ware 2 weeks later (no dodgy Arrows cars up from behind, no rain) I think we can say Montoya would have picked up the first Williams victory since Nurburgring 1997. Sure, we don't know what Ralf could've been capable of in Interlagos, but the roles were simply reversed 2 weeks later. So If you really want to compare the 1997 JV to the 2001 JPM, the latter stands out.