View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2007, 15:36 (Ref:1992864)   #138
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I recall an observer telling me that they use their discretion at Eau Rouge and Blanchiment, in that they can tell from the start of the corner whether a car will go completely over the kerbs. Mainly it happens if you get the beginning slightly wrong and if they see this they let it go, because you can gain no advantage. But they can also tell when its deliberate.

Personally I use as much of the kerbs as I can but I try not to cross them completely because it upsets the car too much. I'm sure modern cars behave differently though.