Thread: Is F1 rigged?
View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3227888)   #39
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'm an English teacher and this has turned into something of a semantic debate. I think there are strong feelings on the side of the critics regarding the alteration of a race result that team orders entail. I'm not a huge fan of them as I've said in other discussions, but I think you have to see that the structure of motorsport has long included this sort of thing and it is a long way from the kind of fixing that has been referred to in other sports.
I have no problem with this view. A coach can dictate to his players in say, hockey, rugby or soccer, that they move to a defensive stance once a strong lead gap is established and that players don't exhaust themselves physically over the closing stages or replace them to preserve the status of their most valuable players.
Preservation of advantage gained does not relate to 'rigging' a result....