View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2015, 13:33 (Ref:3527389)   #67
RICE RACING
Rookie

RICE RACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom View Post
A bit of a footnote to this thread.

I ended up selling on my Pectel T6 and going the Motec route rather than Cosworth. I ended up with a CDL3 dash, M130 ECU and LTCD.

Before some comments, do not get me wrong. I loved my T6 and Cosworth "D1" dash and compact logger.

However....Motec world is a VERY different place to Cosworth world for an individual like me.

So far Motec have helped with -

Upgrades
Injector characterisation
Beacon transmission from dash to ECU
Half a dozen other silly little bits and pieces
AND listened to an enhancement request for the ECU which will reduce the amount of money I need to spend with them and will implement shortly

All for free!

Add in all the online tech notes and webinars and the change over has pretty much already paid for itself already.

Whilst Cosworth were happy to sell me stuff, the after sales support was nothing like this. Well done Motec and thanks from the little guy.
I too ****ed off all of my Cosworth gear
They were a total nightmare to deal with! rampant false advertizing on their ECU which was never amended to this day! and stupid prices to get 'bespoke firmware done' and just too slow and too painful to deal with.

I off loaded the MQ12 to one bloke, the ICD to another, along with all the misc parts.
Just like the UK Race Car Engineer place did to me LOL........ but he was nice enough to say at the start that they were ****ing off Pectel ECU cause it was a rip off to get charged for everything from the new owners Cosworth.
What stung me was the false claim that out of the box it would do 2 stroke and rotary engines, which IT WILL NOT, without bespoke coding for ~4000 pounds!!!! and even then it would not have everything and you still pay through the nose for any updates later on............... just a bad bad joke!

Back in the day Pectel (the original company) were fine to deal with, today Cosworth only give a **** if you are spending $20,000 or more with them, all else is a waste to them, so I said 'see you later'.

LIFE RACING & Syvecs
much much better choice, with no pain, no pay to upgrade firmware, no annual personality crap to deal with, and NO FALSE ADVERTIZING!.....