View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2013, 13:28 (Ref:3281853)   #22
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think the suggestion was that hulkenberg would sit out the rest of the season and learn the ropes at ferrari. then again it could have been lotus and i got the wrong end of the rumour stick.

it seems odd, but i suppose it kind of makes sense. it's a bit of an odd situation in that hulkenberg is now effectively driving without a contract, and if he has an offer for next year he's better off spending the time learning the new team, getting into the process of developing the new car and developing the relevant personal relationships with people he'll be working with closely next year. his alternative is to hang around and race a car he's not having a great deal of success with and finds difficult to drive, and not be quite so prepared next season.
You know what they sould do? Ask Caterham if they can have Giedo for the rest of the season. They would do well to get Heikki back in the car and make it better, Sauber could use the cash and Giedo would surely be quite happy to move.