View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2016, 01:12 (Ref:3621387)   #7
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Most leagues are full of rules, time ins and time outs, really rather dull unless you like that sort of thing. Vene fun formauls are beset with rules and club type nonsense.
Some people are into that sort of thing.

Quote:
I dont race online much at all these days, but in the past the best races I have had have always been in public servers, you do get good ones quite a lot on some games.

I have had some great races and some stupid wreckfests, and sort of enjoyed both really.
Horses for courses. People get different things out of racing games, hence the existence of public servers and non-affiliated organised leagues. You can even have private lobbies on the more mainstream consoles such as Forza etc.

Quote:
It's a game after all and if you take it that seriously you will never be happy in publics, and deserve to be with like minded nerds in leagues.

Sorry, but thats that way I look at it.
Being happy in public servers not a goal I have ever set to be honest. They are what they are and I accept that.

People want different things from their virtual racing. I love motorsport, that is why I am on this site. I don't have the money and/or time to do it for real (and virtually too these days) so sim racing is the next best thing I can do. For that reason I prefer not meeting another car driving the wrong way trying to take me out or people not knowing what the brake pedal is at T1 at Monza etc. It takes away from the immersion somewhat.

If that means I 'deserve to be with like minded nerds in leagues' then so be it. For me it's not the penance that is being implied.