View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2841131)   #68
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all, I am new to this forum, and have been a V8 junkie for about 4 years now (ever since the first V8SC race in Hamilton).

I think this is the best thing to happen to NZ motorsport in years. It is a fact that the old taxis are at the end of their time and need to be re-vamped and modernised.

I have some questions for Mark Petch if he has the time to answer them:

1) Do you think this new series will be seen as a stepping stone for NZ or Aus drivers to enter fujitsu series?
2) If so then I think this will work very well as the NZST class should attract well known aussie teams/drivers. We may even see 'off-season' V8SC and Fujitsu guys competing in this class, and that will be awesome!
3) The fact the murph is already on the books must be a big coup for your guys. Its seems a matter of time before the likes of Bargs, Ingall and maybe even Stevie Richards would make the transfer over (and maybe even Tander in a few years time!). I also see this is a great opportunity for Scott McGlaughlan (sp?) and a few of the other young guns)
4) The cars look great and the engine/gearbox package sounds amazing (i have been waiting for the day to come when we see seq. boxes being run in our V8's). However 550hp seems a little light from an engine that can produce in excess of 750hp. Is there provision for the HP to be increased to say 620hp so it sits just under the V8SC output? - once again another way of opening up the category to some of the V8SC guys.
5) I notice in the press release that the wheels are still using the 5 stud pattern as opposed to a centre nut - will this be the case with the final car? (the reason i ask is i am interested to know whether the new class will have pit stops like what we see in the main game in Aus.)
6) One of the problems with the current BNT V8's is that they are hideously under tyred and lack any decent aero. Will the new tyre an aero package be the same as a current V8SC? This is one area where the whole 'look' of the car becomes important from a fans point of view.
7) I notice the car in the press release was a VEII commodore - will this be the same for all the new cars or will some opt for the VEI model? (i realise that there will of course still be an FG option - which i can;t wait to see!!)
8) I believe if marketed correctly there is no reason why this class would not be aired in Australia which opens up a whole new audience/sponsors/ and possibly even overseas races (much like what V8SC are doing now). Imagine a Team Vodafone car racing in NZST - why not!!

I personally am over the moon about the news of this series and I will be there on day one without fail and i hope that the rest of NZ Msport fans will do the same.

I also hope that our current NZV8 operators band together with the aim of supporting this new class, and maybe even making the complete crossover - afterall this new class has a future mapped out and its in line with COTF (which whether you like it or not is the way forward)

Mark i wish you all the best with this and i hope it is a successful venture and one which leads to greater parity between us and the aussies, and one which draws great crowds to some of our better facilities such as 'the downs'.

Now i realise that my views will not be the same as everyone else so i am expecting a slaying to some point. However, please keep in mind that I am new to the sport and was attracted to it solely becase of what i saw in Hamilton a few years ago, so i am writing this purely from a spectators point of view.

And Mark, please get that website up and running

Thanks all, and i look forward to being part of this forum

Stu