View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2008, 09:24 (Ref:2113217)   #34
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Well there is nothing wrong with hating something. We all have our likes and dislikes. I know I have mine.

We love our sport and don't like what has happened. What's interesting is that you and indycool have tried to twist this like us champcar fans are all evil haterz sitting around scheming the destruction of the irl, yet you skimmed right over the substance of the proposals I put forth. Both you and indycool have framed me as some sort of evil person yet you both wish for the destruction of champcar, it's teams and it's fans. Pot calling the kettle black.

It's a shame.
The overall situation is getting gradually worse, and can only improve once there is one unified series and one common direction. The IRL has much more direction than CCWS, rather than dabbling in Asia and then trying Europe again. Importantly for the fans, there is much more consistency in terms of drivers - half of CCWS' 2007 lineup was rookie, many of those will be gone for 2008, guys like Philippe and (briefly) Servia built their reputations and fanbases but then ended up without a seat when the Amigos had finished juggling the cash. The new car didn't increase the grid, despite constant promises that it would, and even the Atlantics rebuilding hasn't produced any new CCWS drivers.

Neither championship is in particularly strong shape (not helped by NASCAR's boom over the last 15 or so years), but the IRL framework provides a much more solid foundation. If the priority of the Amigos really is racing, this is the time for them to accept a deal, before they pour all their personal wealth into a championship which has no hope of advancing.