View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2008, 16:52 (Ref:2113461)   #46
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll interject a few comments on this from the sidelines. I used to follow CART very closely and would be at Laguna every year to watch. After the split, I was less interested, but still watched some of the races. I also had casual interest in the IRL in its early years. I watch neither now and only suffer through some of the news for each series in an attempt to be informed. In my opinion, CC is a joke and the IRL is a joke. And if I am honest, much of this discussion is discouraging. IF a merger happens I will probably take up an interest in North American open wheel racing again. And you know what; I don’t care what the details are of said merger. I would be happy as long as Indy remains Indy plus some oval races, some road course races, a few street races, and a quality entry. IF no merger, then both series will remain irrelevant in my eyes.