View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3812339)   #189
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I have never understood this POV at all. If I want to spend a hundred million for my son to race why shouldn't I be able to and forget the argument he is keeping some super duper mega talented driver out because if the driver is so good sponsors will come to him so I don't buy it at all. It's my money and I want to spend it my way, not yours or anyone else's.

Now we can look at what has happened since Stroll decided to go motor racing from the start to F1, he has injected a shed load of money into the sport, kept a lot of people in jobs I dare say and possibly even saved Williams from going under because he put his hand in his pocket and sponsored his son's racing. A lot of people are still employed because of it and I have to ask where the problem is.
I have ZERO problem with Stroll as a driver, I have a huge problem with Williams pretending he's the best driver out there for them. Either be a rent a drive team and admit it or realize you need better drivers to be the team you think you are. Sadly, and I've said it about Dyson in the ALMS as well, you aren't the peak team any longer. That time had come and gone, leaving you in the dust and the history of the sport not the future.