View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3335177)   #24
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Considering the super high markup on parts and that these cars have only a certain lifespan, I really do not believe it will cost much more opening up the series to competition and having a multi chassis formula.
The initial injection of cash would be problematic unless Penske broke the habit of a lifetime or someone else put some cash into it, including the costs in breaking of contracts.etc. But, yes, costs would decline and partners [who could sponsor and supply] would converge on the series, be more amenable to long term partnerships that would help bring costs down and stimulate variety over the long run.

The current backslapping arrangement is bringing stagnation and strangulation to this series and that cycle needs to be broken.