View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2007, 00:23 (Ref:1900537)   #28
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In South Australia you need to be 16 to get your motorbike Learner's Permit. I'm over 16, I just haven't got my L's yet. I know pretty much all that I have to know right now it's just a matter of convincing my parents that I can ride a bike safely! It helps that my dad's a Ridersafe instructor too. Ridersafe is the program anyone in NSW or SA wanting to get the bike L's has to go through and pass. I've seen most of the stuff they do, and I've been practicing on some of the bikes there so I don't think I'll have any trouble passing the test.

As for what bike, we have seriously been looking at getting a Suzuki GS500 for me... Not blindingly fast, but not slow, good all round capabilities.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen