View Single Post
Old 1 May 2007, 01:08 (Ref:1903872)   #42
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm about 5'10-11, but only 65kg, so I definately wouldn't want to have it topple over on me! the largest single I've ridden was an old Suzuki 370 or 380 enduro, at least it had a decompression valve thingee for getting it to the right cycle before kickstarting, and I was probably 120lbs then!

I can sympathize with the sound, my sister-in-laws husband has a big Honda twin sport bike (RC-51) and it makes a beautiful bellow also. I remember guys who raced Vintage stuff, and the Norton 500's alll raced out were something else! Now there's a audio cd project, get sounds of all the major 50's, 60's, 70's, etc etc bikes, I'd buy it.

As for Long Way round, I think parts of the trip were with minimal support trucks, remember they kept on breaking the support racks for their panniers (I'm sure the falls didnt help things), but anyway, an amusing bit of adventurism, albeit, rather nicely funded adventurism....
You know, about the weight, I've done a lot of fully loaded bicycle touring,and even with experience and micro-managing stuff, the weight adds up when it comes to having tent, cooking material, clothes for different weather, so I can appreciate their dilema (the lucky *******s)