View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2519923)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetray View Post
I had the good fortune to attend several of the old Can-Am and Formula 5000 meetings at both Road America and Mid Ohio. Both are fabulous places to watch a race!

My favorite viewing area at Road America was the hillside overlooking the exit of Canada Corner and the whole of Thunder Valley. The sounds of the big Can-Am machines funneled down the Valley was a treat for the ears.

- Jeff
My favorite place at Road America is the woods leading downhill into turn 5. Any track where you can stand in the woods and watch cars go by is tops in my opinion. The Mazda RX792 screaming through the trees was something. Back on topic, to bad the current Mazda protos make nothing like that in decibels or tone.