Old 21 Nov 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2793828)   #62
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i suppose it is a sign of the times, but why can't Hulk get sponsorship and become a pay driver himself or race for less money and earn a living through personal endorsement deals secured by the fact he is an F1 driver....or is he already doing this?

with a new German WDC, a highly connected manager and considering Hulk is talented it should be much easier for him to find backers and commercial opportunities than almost every other pay driver out there.

im almost certainly missing something here.
Completely agree, you took the words right off my fingertips.

Even though this will set Hulk back a year or two, this could be perfect for him. I don't think anyone really thinks Williams is going anywhere anytime soon (even Williams, hence this move). While Williams is probably the best drive he could have got this (coming) year it certainly won't be in 2012.

He could conceivably have his choice among any of the top 5 teams in 1012. Massa's Ferrari seat will almost certainly be open then, one or both of the Merc seats should be avaible. Webber will probably not drive for Red Bull beyond 2011. Button's McLaren seat is probably least likely, but they might be able to keep the Merc engine if they sign Hulk.