View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3134976)   #270
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
TTA to be shown live on TV6 for the last 2 races, I guess they are aiming to beat the STCC viewing numbers by changing to a more mainstream channel. Will be very interesting to see if it will make them hit the 100k mark
I believe they have a fair and good shot at it, or at least it's a better channel than TV10. TV6 is also a channel that has many viewers TTA wants to attract, the slightly younger ones. In this case I would say the "slightly younger ones" are up to 30 years old.

My initial plans was to go to Tierp, but I'm abroad this weekend. The track looks interesting. And honestly, no matter what letter combintion that "wins" (STCC or TTA), I will always remember 2012 as the year when we got no less than 3 new racing arenas. How often does that happen in Sweden, especially at a time where things like noise restrictions and economic recession are giving motorsport a really hard time?

Would have been fun to visit both an STCC and TTA event this year and get a personal opinion, and it would also make it easier to follow the debate. As for now, I try my best to avoid any discussions on Swedish boards about TTA vs. STCC. Getting kind of sick of it, to be honest.