Old 9 Apr 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3231541)   #49
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKGThunder View Post
I will show the karting circuit tomorrow.
Well, that was a long 24 hours. Oh well, here we go!

*DISCLAIMER* I know little to nothing about karting track design, but it looked fun and I gave it a go...

1. The Grid and paddock (if you could call it that). I wish I'd left more space in the infield for the paddock, it seems a bit cramped. Space for parking, a workshop and a few admin buildings. There is a bit of space for awnings for teams etc..

2. The first chicane. This would be bypassed on the first lap to avoid tangles. (I know this is done at other tracks, right?)

3. A fast right hander into the 2nd chicane. I like the flow of this part of the circuit.

4. The third chicane. Optional, advisable, since entry speeds into the following fast right hander close to the wall could be considered dangerous.

5. The right hander under the bridge. You need to get as close to the wall as possible to ensure the best line into the last all-important sequence of corners.

6. The final turns. Precision is needed to make sure you get the best exit possible to carry speed onto the start/finish straight.

You may have noticed roads branching off from the course, these add variation and customization of circuit configuration (!) but I won't go into these now

What do you think? Like I said, this was fun to do but I know there will be things wrong with the design, so please share your thoughts! Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
(1) 17 karting Grid and paddock.png   (2) 17 karting 1st chicane.png   (3) 17 karting top turn and 2nd chicane.png  

(4) 17 karting 3rd chicane.png   (5) 17 karting under the bridge.png   (6) 17 karting final turns.png