View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2015, 11:56 (Ref:3531144)   #34
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I'll have to dig it out! I made it in rFactor (without any real track buildings/details, just track and grass) and it was so funny!

I basically just tightened every corner and got rid of the elevation changes through Paddock to Druids

Selby
Well, it certainly is hard to duplicate what Bureau Tilke has achieved at Hockenheim: The long run through the forest is now a beautiful hiking path, the circuit having completely lost its low downforce character in the process, yielding the erstwhile exiting Motodrom section less exciting because drivers no longer have to wrestle low downforce cars through those tight turns but high downforce cars which look far less exciting. Sure, Tilke has built a nice overtaking opportunity with an amazing spot for a switchback at the hairpin and the corner in front of the Mercedes Tribune but that led to the fans preferring the Mercedes Tribune over the Motodrom because that's where the action is now. And the huge number of less exciting seats in the house just don't sell like when they were still exciting.
But in the end, it's just what Bernie had asked for, and he got it because he is Bernie.

That hiking path, though, would be really interesting for taking a walk ... ;-)