View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3621567)   #61
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Off topic but adding to the Gene Haas comments I think the average European fan under estimates how hard it is to drive and succeed in NASCAR, ask Montoya what it was like. Lapping at those speeds in the packs that they do with all the problems of disturbed air etc must take a huge amount of nerve and many brave pills if you ask me. Doing sub 15 second laps at Bristol for instance all race long is just mind boggling.
I did 8 laps driving a former Camping World Series car at Rockingham (Corby, not Carolina!) a couple of years ago. Even rev limited I realised the moment I gunned it out of the pits that there's a lot more to hustling them quickly than meets the eye.

It definitely isn't as simple as 'turn left', I can assure you of that - they don't half move around when you put the power down, and not always where you might expect!

Still, I got a couple of laps in under a minute. Not bad when you consider the track record is 24.719 seconds