View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3717979)   #153
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Honda's culture seems to be changing from hubris to pigheaded stupidity!

Japanese engineers are known to be very "proud" and don't seem open to external input. There was a Yamaha snowmobile event in Canada where Yamaha engineers were on scene. Yamaha had introduced a new line of performance mountain sleds. Many of us who own Yamaha mountain sleds have them modified to the hilt with aftermarket accessories (manufactured in North America) to improve performance, handling and decrease weight without affecting reliability. Japanese engineers had a chance to look at these "improved" sleds, but they would have none of it. Yamaha owners would beg for Factory improvements year after year and new releases would always be a let down in that sector. Other sled manufacturers would be constantly introducing new models to show off their development prowess. Every loyal Yamaha fan would always say that if Yamaha really wanted to build a sled that would dominate the snow they would. Why haven't they?

Honda F1 in this case sounds no different with their Japanese culture. No doubt the Japanese excel in pretty much everything, but their engine program truly has me baffled. I believe that is truly the case where they refuse to rely on outside consultants and stick with their "proud" engineers.

I remember watching races at the track and Bar Honda and the Super Aguri having the sweetest sounding engines. Even on tv they had the highest smoothest pitch. The Mercs in the McLarens were the worst with their throaty sound.

When Honda returned to F1 I really believed they were going to be a force to be reckoned with especially having a year to prepare prior to entering a season and seeing all the new designs that were out there. Very very disappointing situation to say the least!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk