View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2017, 00:13 (Ref:3787552)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
They are an anachronism and look absurd . I remember seeing a British GT round at Oulton a few years ago with some girls trussed up like turkeys , thigh high boots etc - and it was about 40F . It looked utterly ridiculous and , frankly , embarrassing for all concerned.
my feelings exactly about the majority of the outfits on the btcc grid. one or two teams have some classy outfits that flatter the girls, the rest opt for something that makes nobody look good and at worst is indecent and offensive through no fault of the ladies themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
I think the issue with grid (and podium) girls in the first instance is the dress or lack thereof they are made to nearly wear. While flags, names, sponsor details etc need holding, there should be no need to do so while wearing next to nothing. It's kind of ironic that it's fine for these girls to wear little but the teams go nuts about losing wings and fins because it removes sponsor space. I don't know how sponsors fit on some of the outfits the girls are forced to wear.

Personally it puts me off the thing being advertised when there's a half naked girl advertising it, more so when it's freezing cold. It's just so unnecessary.

It's supposed to be an inclusive society these days so if people are needed to stand around holding things, open it to anyone and wear clothes with sponsor decals - replica overalls, jackets, t shirts etc.
it's partly the dress, but a lot of it is in the placement too. something they're keen on in the states is podium girls, literally trophy women present for the top three. so if you win, you get a girl, huh? how about trying a better way of getting the brand seen other than across the breasts and down the leg of a cheerleader in lycra?

i absolutely agree on the inclusive aspect of this. going on the grid representing a team is pretty cool, and everyone should be able to experience it at least once in their lives. also everyone should have to experience the horror that is most team kit once in their lives too

Last edited by bella; 17 Dec 2017 at 02:39.