View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2007, 23:00 (Ref:1816075)   #11
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blast! (that shouldn't upset the autocensor...) I had written a fairly long post with the following identification and then a brief description of all the different Allard models, then managed to accidentally hit the wrong menu option and delete it all rather than "select all" - infuriating!

Anyway, after having first thoughts of the various J, K, L, M, P, etc models & not knowing them all by heart, I looked them up and can confidently say the first is a K1 (or perhaps K2 which has a boot lid), the second is the P1 and the third car is an M1 (drophead coupe version of K1/K2/L model). The J1 is similar to the K1 but has cutaway sides rather than doors. Later models all had full-width bodywork.

The P1 is a later model, with full-width bodywork at the rear. The J2 is a cycle-wing, lightweight version of the K1. Note I would not be surprised if I am corrected by a proper Allard expert!

Interestingly, the P1 and M1 were by far the two most popular Allard models, together representing over half of the total marque production. By contrast the competition models (J2, J2X, JR, J2R) make up only 10%.