View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1816499)   #13
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
I looked them up and can confidently say the first is a K1 (or perhaps K2 which has a boot lid), the second is the P1 and the third car is an M1 (drophead coupe version of K1/K2/L model). The J1 is similar to the K1 but has cutaway sides rather than doors. Later models all had full-width bodywork.

The P1 is a later model, with full-width bodywork at the rear. The J2 is a cycle-wing, lightweight version of the K1. Note I would not be surprised if I am corrected by a proper Allard expert!

Interestingly, the P1 and M1 were by far the two most popular Allard models, together representing over half of the total marque production. By contrast the competition models (J2, J2X, JR, J2R) make up only 10%.
Yes, I should have looked them up, too. Apologies for being lazy. I'll put some more up pics up, shortly.

Leigh, didn't see any pictures of the Sphinx. Are there any?