View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2002, 20:10 (Ref:218009)   #19
FlyingFinn
Rookie

FlyingFinn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#57,

The Barber Dodge Pro Series is the official entry level series to the Cart FedEx championship. Any of the drivers that can run to the front in this series can compete against anyone and do well at the higher levels. For $180,000 you get equal cars, the races broadcast on Espn2(a highly watched sports network in the States if you are not familiar), and constant coaching from some of the best instructors in the US. That, and a whole lot more. So, I suppose it is a 'school series' as you say, but to reduce it to that would be over-simplifying things. It is a great series that has produced a lot of good drivers over the years, including Montoya, and it will continue to do so.

As for 'FF2000=FRenault', I don't think you can compare British or European series to those in America. They are different and put you on different paths. If I had to choose bewteen the BDPS and FF2000, it would have to be BDPS, because you know what your are going to get. In FF200 there is a great disparity among the teams. Besides, there are a lot more people in Toyota Atlantic watching the BDPS than FF2000, and Atlantics is the last step to CART in the states.