View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2967216)   #1256
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the purpose of a safety period and a safety car is to maintain safety, not to make the race more exciting.
If Americans need safety periods because the races are not exciting enough, they should not watch endurance racing. I did not see Imola, (coincided with the Goodwood Festival of Speed), so I cannot say whether it was boring or not. Peugeot won, so that might be boring by definition for some

I did see PLM (a streamed version) and I found the safety car periods extremely annoying. So please do not impose the IMSA rules upon us. If we need "exciting" races make them 20 laps, but not 10 hours.

I find the safety car periods dishonest towards the cars that managed to get a time advantage by proper racing, by being better/faster or what ever, and see that advantage subsequently being reduced to zero, because of some non-descript incident that brought out the safety car. Therefore in the interest of honest racing, safety cars should be kept at bay as much as possible.