View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2011, 15:20 (Ref:2969361)   #1275
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
yes and my reaction was triggered by the fact that somebody proposed to let loose the IMSA rules on European tracks. I think that your remark proves that it should not be considered. Alternatively, US tracks could try to equip themselves like European tracks in order to prevent these superfluous safety car periods which may result in more credible races.
That's not going to happen and I'm glad it won't. There's no money. American tracks are "old school" and I like that. There is no F1 around to ruin tracks by making them 40ft wide with 500 yards of runoff in every corner while keeping the fans a mile from the action.

There were no "competition cautions" at PLM. If you don't expect safety cars with 53 cars on a 2.5 mile track, you're kidding yourself.