View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2007, 16:12 (Ref:1844408)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
5/ Do not remove the decals from the backing sheet until it is about 5mm above the car. I started off peeling them off the sheet until I realised they easily slide sideways off the backing.
6/ If you do manage to get yourself in a mess, such as getting a decals 'doubled-over' ie folded onto itself, don't panic, simply put it back into the water and it will return to the state in which you removed it from the backing sheet.
7/ A bit more patience.
5/ Absolutely; get as close as possible. In fact these days, I, more or less, place it on the surface alongside where the decal is to go and slide it straight off and into position.
6/ True, but once unfolded get it out of the water quickly, as you do risk loss of adhesive quality which is not apparent until it dries off and starts to peel up at the edges
7/ Too trye, mate!