View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3006636)   #22
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>Why do people constantly complain about this? If you don't want to enter because of the entry fee requirements then don't.

Good point, because the Market will sort out which series survive and which don't. The MGCC Midget championship has just dropped its registration fee to £40 as long as you register in advance of thes season. The fee was previously £150 and it was seen as one of the reasons for falling entries.

The Porsche 924 championship fee is IIRC £265, or about the cost of a race entry. This on top of BRSCC membership and BRSCC race membership. I can only assume that your average Porsche driver is trying to keep hoi poloi such as me out of their races, and I respect their stance

But the OP's rant was about "closed to club" events, rather than in the rally or speed event world where regional association member clubs are cross-invited. It doesn't happen in racing, is there any reason why? Alex raced his kart at Clay Pigeon last year on a Llandow Club card, because ABKC clubs are cross-invited nationwide. What is it about racing clubs that makes them so cliquey?